Note: These tips are to help you get started. Full support can come only from the LMS.
Publish Anywhere must be configured as an LTI in an LMS for content to be delivered there. This article walks you through how to configure Canvas to integrate with Publish Anywhere using LTI 1.3.
Note: In order to complete the integration, the Publish Anywhere admin account must also be configured. Here's a step-by-step guide where Canvas is the referred to as the customer: LTI 1.3 and LTI Advantage: Configure secure handshake
Permissions and handshake IDs and URLs
In order to configure Canvas:
- You must have Developer Keys - manage permissions in your Canvas account.
- You must have access the following handshake URLs from the Publish Anywhere admin account or request them from the admin:
- OpenID connect login URL
- Tool key set URL
- Tool redirect URL
- Deep-linking redirect URL (only if you want to enable Deep linking)
Configuring Developer Keys in Canvas
To configure the necessary Developer Keys in Canvas:
- Open Admin > Developer Keys.
- Click + Developer Key and select + LTI Key to open Key settings.
- Provide the Key Name you want (something like Buzz Publish Anywhere) and the Owner Email.
- In Redirect URLs, provide the following URLs on separate lines:
- Select Manual Entry as your Method.
- Provide a Title (this will appear in your UI, so something like Buzz Publish Anywhere would be useful) and Description.
- In Target Link URI, use the Buzz Hostname URL (accessed from your Publish Anywhere account).
- In OpenID Connect Initiation URL, use the OpenID connect login URL (accessed from your Publish Anywhere account).
- Select Public JWK URL as your JWK Method and in JWK URL, use the Tool key set URL (accessed from your Publish Anywhere account).
- Under LTI Advantage Services, select the first six services:
- Can create and view assignment data in the gradebook associated with the tool.
- Can view assignment data in the gradebook associated with the tool.
- Can view submission data for assignments associated with the tool.
- Can create and update submission results for assignments associated with the tool.
- Can retrieve user data associated with the context the tool is installed in.
- Can update public jwk for LTI services.
- Under Additional settings, use https://[your_Buzz_domain].api.agilixbuzz.com as the Domain. So, if your Buzz domain were 123xyz, you would use https://123xyz.api.agilixbuzz.com. Complete the configuration to meet your needs.
- Set the Privacy level to Public.
- If you want to enable Deep linking:
- Select at least Assignment selection (make other selections to match your configuration needs).
- For Target Link URI, use the Deep-linking redirect URL (accessed from your Publish Anywhere account).
- Select the LTIDeepLinkingRequest option.
- Complete the configuration to meet your needs.
- The new Developer Key appears. Click ON To enable it.
- The number displayed under Details is your Client ID; copy and save it to use later.
- Notice that you can edit or delete the key from this screen at any time.
Adding Publish Anywhere to Canvas as an External App
Once you've configured the Developer Key, you can add Publish Anywhere as an app to your Canvas account:
- Open Admin > Settings.
- Select the Apps tab and click View App Configurations.
- Click + App.
- In Configuration type, choose By Client ID.
- In Client ID, paste the number you copied in Step 16 above.
Publish Anywhere now appears in your list of External Apps. As long as you have also configured your Publish Anywhere admin account, you can now:
- Import your Publish Anywhere content as an LTI/Common Cartridge package.
- Add activities and content as Deep links (if you enabled it).
- Publish Anywhere publisher steps: How to export courses
- Publish Anywhere educator/distributor steps: How to import course content
- Publish Anywhere: How do I set up deep linking for Publish Anywhere?
- Configuring Canvas:
- Publish Anywhere teacher view
- Publish Anywhere student view
- Supported Publish Anywhere activity types