During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience!
The features covered in this article are only included in the new Buzz UI. If you don't know which version you are using, review the differences and/or contact your system admin or Agilix account manager.
System admins can set up domain Grading Periods for your courses to use. To do so, they must define a school year for the domain, create Grading Periods within that school year, and then select the current year and Grading Period for the domain. When you create a new course in that domain, it will automatically use these settings.
You will see a dropdown menu in the toolbar of the following screens where you can filter the content shown according to Grading Period:
- Gradebook (Some domains include the option to see a Course Score as well as the Grading Period score; the Course Score is calculated by rolling up all of the Grading Period scores in a course into one overall score.)
Select All Periods to include non-gradable activities.
Manage domain-level Grading Periods
To review and manage these settings:
- Open the Editor tool.
- Select Course settings from Tools in the toolbar.
- Review and/or change the selected School year using the dropdown in the course details card. If you choose to leave this dropdown blank, your course cannot be aligned with the domain-level Grading Periods.
- Scroll to the Grading periods card to:
- Indicate whether you want to Use grading periods.
- Add and/or delete Grading Periods (review these directions before doing this).
- Map Grading Periods to the domain Grading Periods.
- Save changes.
Add and/or delete Grading Periods?
You are able to add and/or delete additional Grading Periods to your courses if you want. For best results, use only one of the following two approaches:
- Align your course Grading Periods one-to-one with the domain-level Grading Periods. This is the recommended approach if available. It should happen by default for all courses created after the domain-level Grading Periods are set, so you should rarely need to add and/or delete periods.
- Disable alignment with the domain-level Grading Periods, and create your own.
Map activities/folders to specific domain-level Grading Periods
In order to take advantage of domain-level Grading Periods, you must map activities and folders in your course to them.
To map activities to specific Grading Periods:
- Open the Editor tool.
- Choose the desired Grading Period from the dropdown in the the toolbar. If you don't see the dropdown, make sure you have Grading Periods turned on for your course.
- Add the desired activities or folders.