A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions 2.0.127 and 3.0.24, available on November 2, 2017.
We have simplified our integration with Google Drive!
We know that a seamless and secure Google Drive integration is imperative to many of our Buzz users. Until now, each customer had to obtain their own Google Client ID and set up their own integrations (learn more). Starting Nov. 2, 2017, all domains will be able to inherit and use a top-level, Google-approved integration with Buzz.
Why are we updating our Google Drive integration?
As part of their ongoing efforts to ensure security, Google now displays a warning message when accessing Google Drive from an un-verified app (see https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/7454865?hl=en for more details).
While our previous approach provided a secure integration, it did not provide a way for Agilix to verify the app with Google, so end-users see this warning screen. To eliminate unnecessary concern, we are updating our integration to ensure end-users no longer receive this message.
What does this mean for you?
Your Google Drive integration will not be interrupted.
No matter which of the following situations you are in, this change will not automatically interrupt your current Google Drive integration. If you leave your integration as it is, it will continue to work and end-users will continue to see the warning message.
Google Drive integrations are managed by your system administrators; no one else needs to make changes to your configuration.
While this update will significantly ease the integration process moving forward, customers that are already integrated with Google Drive will have to make some minor changes.
- If you HAVE NOT set up your own Buzz/Google Drive integration, you don't have to do anything. You will automatically inherit and start taking advantage of Buzz's top-level integration. Users are asked to sign into their Google account in order to access documents. If you aren't sure whether you've set it up, follow the disable directions (if the Google Drive Client ID is blank, you haven't integrated).
End-users will notice a new option in the User Menu allowing them to Logout of Google Drive (see screenshots for old and new Buzz UIs):
- If you HAVE set up your own Buzz/Google Drive integration and want to take advantage of our top-level integration, disable your integration.
- If you are a partner with your own URL and deployment, this update does not impact you. We will contact you directly with information; feel free to contact your Agilix account manager with questions.
If you want to opt out of inheriting Buzz's top-level integration, follow these directions.
- Note: We do recommend you use our integration, so contact support and/or your account manager with questions and concerns.
If you have any questions, please contact your system admins, Agilix support, and/or your Agilix account manager. Learn more.
Google Drive integration may require you to allow popups from Buzz
End-users who attempt to attach a google document without first logging into Google must allow pop-ups from the Buzz site to allow Google to prompt them for their Google Drive credentials. If pop-ups are blocked, end-users will get an “Unable to communicate with Google Drive” error in Buzz.
To allow popups from Buzz, click the "pop-up blocked" icon in your address bar, click the "Always allow pop-ups from ..." radio button, and click Done.
New Buzz UI
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience!
The release notes in this section pertain only to those using the new Buzz UI.
New Buzz UI highlights
The updates to our Google Drive integration described above apply to the new Buzz UI, as well.
New Buzz UI fixed issues
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where filtering an activity by group from the Activities tool more than once would cause the Editor, Back, and Next buttons to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where HTML that should have been removed from inline multiple choice questions when editing, wasn't being removed.
- Updated Metadata rich text editors in the Activity editors to better accommodate popups.
- Fixed an issue where running a report for a Single student performance in the current course with inactive enrollments would show an error when there wasn't one.
- Fixed an issue where the Export to CSV button wouldn't work for teachers running reports for Student performance in all my courses.
- Updated the way Non gradable activities are labeled in reports; they are now left with a blank field.
- Fixed an issue where a teacher had to check, uncheck, and then re-check the Show inactive enrollments box in order for inactive enrollments to show up when browsing users in Reports.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to load a Course Item Link set to open in a new window from an agenda would not load.
Updates in version 2017.11.02.2818. Learn more.
ListAPIs: A new attribute,
includedescendantdomains, has been added to several APIs. This new attribute will allow the requester to get information for the specified domain and all descendant domains. The updated APIs include:
selectattribute now supports the inclusion of
currentpersonasto display the personas currently applied to the listed user.
queryattribute now supports filtering the returned results by
Disable your current Google Drive integration
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience.
Until all users have switched to the new UI, our Help Center articles will include information for both.
Click the header below that aligns with the Buzz UI version you are using (Old UI or New UI); if you don't know which version you are using, review the differences and/or contact your system admin or Agilix account manager.
- Open Settings in the Domain toolbar.
- Select Integrations and delete the Google Drive Client ID field value under Google Drive.