How do I create Domain Metadata fields?
Create metadata fields that allow you to record and track additional information about a domain.
To do so:
- Open Domain Settings.
- Click Add on the Metadata for domain card.
- Provide the following:
- Name: This names the field behind-the-scenes and is not visible to the users.
- Title: This appears wherever the metadata appears for users to complete.
- Input Type: This specifies how you want users to provide the metadata.
- Placeholder Text: This is what you want to appear in the field when left blank; you can use this to provide directions and or example content to help users complete the field.
- Default: This defines the state or content that you want present in the field when users first encounter it and is recorded and treated as metadata if it isn't changed (you may want a True/false field to record False unless changed by a user, for example).
- Click Done and Save Domain Settings.
Once created, the Domain Metadata field appears on the Create Subdomain screen.