We are excited to introduce the new Buzz UI!
User feedback, cutting-edge UX/UI design, and the ever-evolving opportunities to leverage new technologies in blended and virtual learning experiences have all impacted this overhaul.
The new Buzz UI provides:
- A more intuitive user experience built with Google's Material Design.
- Even more opportunities to customize the tool based on your users' needs and tech literacy.
- Opportunities to introduce new powerful features as your users' skills and interests develop--perfect for PD!
We can't wait for you to try it!
We will support your transition
To ensure an easy transition for you and your users, we will:
- Introduce the new Buzz UI incrementally to select organizations as they become ready.
- Provide support and documentation for both UIs.
- Prepare your account managers to answer questions and concerns about the new Buzz UI.
Help Center articles will accommodate both UIs
As step one of this transition, our Help Center articles will start to provide information for both the Old and New UIs. In these articles, you are able to click the header that aligns with the Buzz UI version you are using (Old UI or New UI).
You can see the differences between the UIs in the screenshots below.
|Old Toolbar||New Toolbar|
|Old Main Menu||New Main Menu|
Watch for updates!
We will keep you updated as we make this exciting transition. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Agilix account manager.
IE11 will not be a supported browser for the new Buzz UI. We recommend using one of the supported browsers: Buzz System Requirements.
New Buzz UI Features and Highlights
Here's an introduction to everything you get with the new Buzz UI!
Better user experience
Increased customization opportunities
Admins can enable/disable feature sets to accommodate users
Educational tools must deliver powerful features that accommodate differing skill levels while facilitating development and growth.
Education is increasingly moving to blended and virtual learning environments and will only continue to do so. Teachers, content authors, students, parents, and anyone else involved in education are required to engage these new models, but not everyone comes to it with the same level of experience with this technology.
Rather than watering down our features to accommodate users with beginner-level experience, Buzz now allows admins to disable features that their users don't need or aren't ready to implement. As users receive PD, gain experience with the tool, and develop new teaching practices, admins can enable features for individuals, groups, and/or domain-wide.
This provides a consistent experience with a tool that grows and develops with you!
How do I enable/disable feature sets for teachers?
Admins enable and disable feature sets for all users with the Features tab in the Domain tool. Each feature set is listed on its own card that describes the its function.
Note: Refresh your browser to apply feature set changes immediately.
To re-enable feature sets for specific users:
- Open the Users tool.
- Select the User ID you want to make changes to.
- Open the side menu and select Edit feature settings.
- Check the box(es) for the feature set(s) you want to re-enable. Notice that only the currently disabled feature sets are listed.
How does disabling feature sets impact the Teacher experience?
When an admin disables a feature set, all related features and functions are removed from the Teacher app without disrupting the teacher experience.
For example, when an admin disables the switch on the Enable the Calendar tool for teachers, the Calendar tool completely disappears from the Main Menu.
Calendar tool disabled
When the Enable side panels in the Editor is disabled, the side panels that allow teachers to manage Objectives, Badges, item Properties, Resources, and the items in My Library from the Editor > Syllabus screen are hidden.
Editor side panels enabled
Editor side panels disabled
Introducing the Needs Grading tool for teachers
The Needs Grading screen lists all of the activities that need grading from all of your courses. You can access it from the Main Menu.
On this screen, you can:
- Use the Filter field to search activities.
- Filter the activities according to course.
- Select an activity from the list to grade it right on this screen with the Grade Editor. Notice that the activities are color-coordinated by course.
Users can now get SMS and email notifications about activity in Buzz!
To manage notifications:
- Open Settings from the User Menu.
- Check the boxes next to the notifications you want to get and the way(s) you want to get them (SMS or Email).