Create metadata fields that allow you to record and track additional information about a course.
To do so:
- Open Domain Settings.
- Click Add on the Metadata for courses card.
- Provide the following:
- Name: This names the field behind-the-scenes and is not visible to the users.
- Title: This appears wherever the metadata appears for users to complete.
- Input Type: This specifies how you want users to provide the metadata. Different input types require you to provide different information on this window.
- Default: This defines the state or content that you want present in the field when users first encounter it and is recorded and treated as metadata if it isn't changed (you may want a True/false field to record False unless changed by a user, for example).
- Visible to teacher: Check this box is you want teachers to be able to record and change Course Metadata. If you don't check this box, the field is only visible to admins.
- Click Done and Save.