A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.##, available on MONTH #, 2017.
As previously announced, we added *Individualized Education Program (IEP) and Personal Needs and Preferences (PNP) functionality to the Admin, Teacher, and Student apps: How do I record Accommodations for existing students?
File Notes will be translated into IEPs today; this could take a few hours.
*After initially releasing these notes, we changed the name of this feature to Accommodations. This name change better represents the variety of needs the feature meets in addition to IEPs (504, NCAA, ELL, etc.).
In this release, we returned course thumbnails to the Digital Library.
In this release, we:
- Made many updates to the Teacher and Admin apps to improve accessibility for users with a visual impairment. While many of the updates were under-the-hood, users may notice improved keyboard navigation throughout multiple tools and slight style changes to selected and focused buttons and menu options.
- Updated the Domain > Resources screen, so that clicking the Edit button for a resource no longer selects that resource's checkbox.
- Fixed some styling issues in the Redeem Command Token dialog of the Domain > Subdomains screen.
- Fixed an issue that kept the Enrollment External ID from being saved when creating an enrollment.
- Fixed an issue that kept admins from being able to select and run reports from their desired domains; instead, repots would run for the domain the user was logged into by default.
- Fixed an issue that erroneously made the Performance tool available in the Users > Enrollment toolbar for teacher enrollments; the button only appears for student enrollments.
- Fixed an issue that would cause current domain and sub-domain courses to mistakenly appear in Courses page for administrator.
- Fixed an issue that would cause current domain and sub-domain courses to mistakenly appear in Course Enrollment and Reports (Test Analytics) pages for administrator.
- Fixed a problem that caused subscriptions to fail to appear in the Digital Library at times.
- Updated the question editor, so that it no longer allows negative numbers in the points possible field.
- Fixed an issue with rendering fill-in-the-blank questions with multiple blanks and media attached.
- Updated the rich text editor, so that adding a hyperlink to text no longer overrides the font size settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused the To-do List and Announcements sections to display no authentication errors when a user lost connection.
- Fixed an issue that caused objective scores to sort incorrectly in the People page of a Multi-Outcome Scoring course. This only impacted students with scores of zero.
- Updated score entry fields for auto-graded activities (assessments, practice questions) to show scores as percentages by default. Users can change this to points possible in non-Multi-Outcome Scoring courses.
- Fixed an issue that kept teachers from being able to assign and submit grades for any student in the Activity Grader if one student had been excused from the activity.
- Updated Score and Grade fields, so that they no longer appear blank when the student is given a failing grade and have pending scores.
- [Chromebook] Fixed an issue that would allow users to enter a negative sign incorrectly, and count correct answers as incorrect at times.
- Updated the blog activity, so that users get notified that they'll lose content if they try to navigate to a different post before saving the current post, and so that content changes are cleared if the user selects Cancel.