Choice questions are multiple choice questions that can be set up with:
- Simple Correct/Incorrect feedback or to return custom feedback for every possible answer.
- Custom Mastery award amounts for each possible answer.
A learner is presented with the question and answer options. When they make a selection, the associated feedback is immediately returned and the learner can Continue or try again if they got it wrong.
Create a Choice question
To create a Choice question:
- Open the desired catalog entry from Administration > Catalog and select the section you want to add the Choice question to.
- Click Add instruction > Choice question.
- Give the question a Title.
- Provide the Expected duration for the Interaction to inform Effort data.
- In the Question field, enter the question text as you want learners to see it.
- In the Choices section, provide each answer option (both correct and incorrect).
- Check the Shuffle choices box to shuffle the choices when displaying to the learner. Each time the learner clicks Reset the choices reshuffle.
- Click Add choice if you want more.
- In the Response section, select the answer(s) you want to provide feedback for in the If answer is dropdown box.
- Note: Learners are provided the feedback response immediately upon choosing an answer. So if you select multiple answers for one feedback response, they receive the feedback immediately if they choose any of those answers.
- Assign a Mastery award value for the selected answer(s).
- Provide the Feedback you want given to the learner when the defined answer(s) is chosen.
- Click Add response if you want more and repeat Steps 8-10 for each.
- A final response field remains with a disabled Else dropdown where the If answer is dropdown appeared before. In this Mastery value and Feedback field provide what you want returned to the learner for any answer combination that you haven't accounted for above.