A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.309 available on October 20, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Edit graphic question images right in Buzz!
Buzz allows teachers to create assessment questions that ask students to interact with an image. Now, you can use the Draw tool to make graphic changes right in Buzz.
This can come in handy when you want to add annotations, add shapes and arrows, cover text, crop the image and more!
For example, a teacher may want to ask students to put taxonomic levels in the right order using an image they'll recognize from the lesson. They can simply upload the image into a graphic hot spot question and click Edit image.
Use rectangles to cover each level name using the Draw tool.
And place hot spots over each rectangle, easily creating an interactive question that reinforces learning!
Learn more about interactive graphic questions:
Exclude subdomains from inheriting Grade passback (beta)
The Grade passback configuration now allows you to select specific subdomains in which you don't want the feature enabled.
Use Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) for Data streams (beta)
Buzz's new Data stream feature now supports Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) as a Stream type.
A Data stream is a process to transmit Buzz system events (formatted as JSON objects) that can be used for data analysis, statistical tracking, or synchronization with another system.
Use Buzz's Data streams to collect, analyze, process, and—ultimately—leverage data to:
- Streamline processes.
- Complete statistical research and compliance reporting.
- Improve student experience and teacher effectiveness.
Learn more: [Beta] How do I set up and manage Data streams?
In this release, we also:
- Updated Assessment editor > Question pool settings to be cleared when the number of questions to show is empty or zero, which means show all questions.
- Updated the Admin > Announcements > New announcement > Subject field validation to disallow subjects using only spaces.
- Resolved a layout style issue with showing activity thumbnails in Editor > Weights screen.
Updates in version 2022.10.20.964
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
New and updated articles
- [Beta] How do I set up and manage Data streams? (updated)
- [Beta] How do I set up Grade passback for my SIS sync (with OneRoster)? (updated)