A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.309 available on October 13, 2022.
Note: Release note articles reflect the state of the product on the date they are originally published. Always note the date in the title when reviewing content and follow the links in the notes to articles that are kept current.
Coming soon to Buzz!
We announce significant upcoming features and changes in a standalone Coming soon article that appears at the top of the What's new section.
Released this week: Prevent user from changing their own username, reference, or flags
Now use Quick-edit grading in the Student Grades screen
Learn more: Student Grades > Quick edit
In this release, we:
- Updated the assessment player to immediately show the please wait dialog when a student submits their assessment.
- Updated the wait message to indicate Buzz is saving answers.
- Improved Insert placeholder UI prompts for inline questions.
- Improved layout of the Editor > Group settings table and added horizontal scrolling to account for courses with lots of student groups.
In this release, we also:
- Resolved a question editor issue with showing the left side of a match for a Matching inline question.
- Fixed an issue in the Rich text editor > Insert/Edit media dialog in question editors where choosing Inline display would not work unless you also specified an alignment option for the image.
- Fixed an issue in the Student Grades > What If screen where clearing a teacher-assigned score would not impact the re-calculated projected score.
- Fixed an issue on the Needs Grading screen and in Gradebook’s Quick-edit mode where saving a score would display a spinner cursor for only part of the score saving process.
Updates in version 2022.10.13.933.
Additions, Removal, or Changes:
UpdateUsers: A user is no longer able to change their own
UpdateRole: Added a new attribute,
domainid, to allow a role to be moved to a different domain.
New and updated articles
- How do I set up Google SSO for my domain? (updated)
- How do I enable Single Sign-On (SSO) in Buzz? (updated)
- How do I set up SAML authentication for my domain? (updated)
- How do I use the Student Grades screen? (updated)
- How do I enter grades? (updated)
- How do I set up Matching questions? (updated)
- How do I create questions for assessment and practice questions activities? (updated)